Monday, May 30, 2011

Adele!

I'm usually not much for popular music these days, but one new singer is making waves in both the pop arena, and some even say she is finding a fit with her music within the jazz realm and I find her voice something fresh in a world of duplicates these days.

Who's the special singer that is hitting all the high notes both in the UK and here in the States?  Another one name wonder - Adele.

If you haven't heard her yet you should check her out!  I heard her first in a recent NPR interview that was really something else.  She's a regular Brit, with an edgy sound that really grabs whether it's with a pounding beat, or a ballad that holds you close.  I personally love the grit in her voice that is so gorgeous while being so real too.  She's not the rail skinny star, and at the same time goes way beyond what we consider totally beautiful musically.

The NPR interview is a great place to get a taste of her music - check it out! http://www.npr.org/2011/04/18/133687905/adele-tiny-desk-concert

7 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of her, but will definitely check out the NPR link. It's always wonderful to find a new, interesting artist. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love NPR, but don't always like they're new artists since they tend to exhibit hard rock music, but this young lady was a surprise. Her first album was at 19 and this one began at 21! She's twenty three now and her voice has matured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listen to music all day long (or in the background, when I can.) I'll check her out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Robert! I really love her music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is very good. My kids introduced her music to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just kind of found her when I heard her on NPR. Loved the set she did and I have to admit she's kind of addictive to listen too these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by Doreen!

    ReplyDelete