Sunday, April 26, 2009

Rain, Rain - Give Me A Few Days Off!

Almost 3 inches of rain in two days...and now it is finally beginning to dry out. For the moment, that is! I've become a recluse bound to the house by the constant rain clouds and sheets of rain that has become a constant companion in these past few weeks. We have had a few days of gray with no rain but not enough to get much done outdoors, and so the greens of spring are beginning to cover those grays and browns of last summer.

To say I am chomping at the bit to get that dirt between my fingers is a bit of an understatement! I have some flowers blooming already and the leaves of the summer additions are ready to enter as the weather gets warmer but there is a lot of work to be done before that happens.

Tomorrow will be the day for trying again. They say that the only dry days this week will be Wednesday and Thursday, I am going to hope there will be time to actually be out in my own green living room. In fact I'm going to believe it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment