Tuesday, June 1, 2010

New Computer...

Well, I will be a bit behind for a while because the day before yesterday our internet, phone and TV provider's link here at home got struck by lightening and my old computer got totally fried.  I had three posts that I was working on but hadn't downloaded yet and they're gone, as are more than half of my pictures because I hadn't yet saved them to my external harddrive yet.  My external harddrive survived with much of my stuff thank goodness!

The really good news is I have a new (used) computer that has five times the space that the old one and it's about five years newer than the old one too...but I am having to down load all by bookmarks from the hard copy, and all that is needed for me to operate as well.  So I will be spending the next few days re-entering what I have in hard copy and downloading what I can from disk that I have. 

I am thankful to be back and will be writing again really soon!

3 comments:

  1. It is so important to back up your hard drive, as you have learned. I am glad that you had much of your stuff backed up to the external hard drive. I'm sorry that you lost more than half of your pictures.

    I back up my hard drive regularly; however, I can be even more diligent than I am. I think I would be heartbroken if I lost my pictures. I have prints of many of them, but not this past year. I stopped printing pictures the end of last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I had what I did on an external hard drive. I just had so much going on here these last six months.

    In a way though it cleared out some of my writings that I should have gone through and gotten rid as well. (I have such a difficult time throwing anything away!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry to learn that you lost your data specially the loss of pictures; this is really upsetting and sad. Wish you all the best with your new computer.

    ReplyDelete