Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Music to Calm The Savage Beast...I Think

I'm sitting  here, banging away at the computer after a very long hard day.  I have on the classical music on my iPod Touch and am working at mellowing my rough edges mood right now.  It's funny, I really love jigs and reels and the wildness that often is connected with all music Celtic but after tough, or miserable day it is more than soothing to get lost in Bach, Rodrigo, or maybe even a touch of Strauss. 

I've asked many people what music drives them when they need to escape a intense day, and it really varies with different people.  But I tend to agree with a friend, you can really tell a person by the music they're drawn to...I wonder if that were always true?


So if you want to comment - what music calms you or even what music drives your everyday life?

4 comments:

  1. I like music only when its my entire attention. Then it soothes the beast. Ambient music is just a mental drain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on at least one level, Pearl. Just listened to BBC3 and concert by Elgar which was fabulous! But classical and Reenaisance music is a passion of mine and to listen to music well crafted like that is well worth the casual listen as well in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It depends upon my mood. But you know what? I realize I am more of a person who likes peaceful music. So I like music that has less noise but in general it is really dependent on how I feel as of the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to see you Bax! Yes, I feel the same. Classical and other more soft and peaceful music is my refuge more and more as I get older. Not sure if it's the world is wilder, or my life that's crazier, though - probably both! :-)

    ReplyDelete