Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The End Of The Election Season

It's happened. History has occurred, and we have a new president. I'm personally glad it is over since there has been so nasty a campaign - and not from the candidates either. This was a contentious election and I hope we can come together to work on the many problems we as a nation face.

Am I excited that Mr. Obama won? Of course I am, but I balance that with a fear because of the deep divide that we have because of the past few years of national problems, and now with this economic mess we certainly have a lot to overcome. We need to succeed as a nation, together. John McCain's concession speech was one that attempted to move the country to an acceptance of the next four years so we can really work together. I hope that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment