Saturday, November 1, 2008

Great Fall Days in November

This was a quiet Saturday. Cool weather and blue skies was the rule of the day and I began the morning in a lovely cool crispness at the farmer's market. There weren't many veggies today, but I did get some awesome broccoli, Brussel sprouts and red potatoes. I will be blanching tomorrow which will mean more veggies for the winter.

Then it was off to one of my favorite sports...shopping! When you're trying to save a buck, it really means walking the large box stores till you drop. Last night I did some shopping, I mean walking. 3 hours of hiking all over Meijers and Walmart. Today meant the smaller stores and the meat store (i.e. butcher shop). I ended up doing okay.

Monday is bill day along with having 2 of my grandkids and getting this computer into the repair shop for a cleaning. It is running way too slow and grinding like something else in running too.

So have a great Sunday and enjoy the last of the warm weather, I'm going to do just that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment