Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sing a Song

A song that comes from Sesame Street really holds me, and every once in a while the words wash over my heart and remind me that life is simply singing our song the best way we can in this world. The show has had many memorable songs, ones that can make you cry, or laugh, or maybe think.

It's Not Easy Being Green is one, or how about Rubber Ducky! But I have to admit the one that really touches me is the song named in my title above. We all like to sing even if it's only in our head...or maybe in the shower! It's a way to express our pain, anger and joy and each of us probably has at least one song that really can make us feel special or maybe even cry.

For me that song is Sing. Written by Joe Raposo this song has been done by others like the Carpenters, but done simply on Sesame Street it became so much more than a singable piece. It became an anthem for being who you really are in life and in your world. Bob and the cast said it, no sang it the very best -

Don't worry that it's not good enough
For anyone else to hear,
Sing, Sing a Song.

No comments:

Post a Comment