Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Summer is Sounds, Smells, and Extraordinary Colors

Summer's drifting away on a steaming humid cloud. Today was really one of those days and I kept the dogs in since my older girl has a thick coat and is sensitive to heat. When I did let them out I hosed them down which made the little guy all hyper. He was running around the run barking and rolling over and over, it was quite a site!

The garden is all a buzz with bees which makes for the soft sounds of summer all over the yard. I think half of the things I love about summer are the sounds and smells. You know, those smells of marshmallows over a fire, or the sounds of a warm summer rain, or the thunder of a storm rolling through.

I'm lovin' the images, smells, and sounds of the season. These will be good memories for the coming winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment