Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Today I Take on The Quiet of the World


As I cruised around on almost dry roads today doing my many errands today it seemed almost like I was in another world. We haven't had good roads because of the intense amount of snow, blowing snow, and icy conditions since before Thanksgiving. It was a nice outing. Instead of a bumper car experience which really has been the norm with the slick roads we've had almost constantly for over two months it was a pleasant and quiet drive today.

Since there are probably at least two more months of winter left I am enjoying a sense of actual thought instead of total reaction time behind the wheel of my little car. If you've followed my blog you know that I treasure my times of quiet and contemplation because that is my center of creativity so the actual act of driving can be a silent vigil of thought.

I know the winter weather will all be back in various forms during the next few weeks, but this island of quiet and thought has really been quite a gift for me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment