Thursday, September 25, 2008

Impossible Possibilities

Life can be crazy way too often these days. But the one thing I am observing more and more is that though people mouth the idea of putting others first and being caring individuals, is that it is only how they want to be, but who they really are in their real world.

The idea for random acts of kindness have a wonderful warm feeling in many hearts, but few stepped up and did more than a cursory few and returned to the typical cut throat American way of dealing with others. I guess I'm too close to people who lead right now, but the only place people serve and care that I can see are those who themselves have so little.

I wish there was a way to reach people and make them see that they need to give not just from their financial prosperity, but from them selves and get to know people they help care for - be a friend, in the truest sense of the word. It isn't easy but to have people who are wealthy see those they govern, they must understand the people and take on a relationship to truly help. Maybe I'm too much of a dreamer, but I think it is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment