Friday, March 27, 2009

Family

Midnight, and it's the beginning of another Saturday. Yawn. I had a 7 year old granddaughter until 10:00 p.m. this evening and had a great time going to Starbucks, having hot cocoa, playing checkers, and then returning home to read a huge stack of books. It's funny because we both love to read so we trade off, she reads and then I read! It's fun and we always have a great time together.

I have four grandkids with whom I share time weekly and I would not trade those minutes and hours for anything in the whole world! I know that these four special children of my own children will grow up and move on to friends and high school all too soon.

My boys weren't so lucky. Their grandparents were gone all the time. That's why it has become my mission, as well as a gift I give to my four - I am taking time to get to know them, and they get to know me...and I can teach them about what it means to be family. It's called sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment